About Bushbalm Skincare
Bushbalm is on a mission to boost confidence and solve common skincare concerns that are often ignored. Bushbalm is one of Ottawa’s most attractive startups due to its unique product line, ecommerce first business model, and largely untapped retail opportunity. Learning and growing are fundamental to Bushbalm and you are sure to do both once immersed in the fast-paced culture. In 2020 the company landed a deal on Dragons’ Den and became the 3rd fastest growing company in Ottawa.
About This Role
At Bushbalm Skincare our obsession with solution focussed products is what drives our business forward. As a Procurement Coordinator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations that help to bring our products to market. This will include purchasing, inventory management, coordinating with our manufacturing partners, coordinating international freight and logistics, and helping facilitate product development and road mapping.
- Do the right work.
- Dare to be different.
- Better than yesterday.
- Results obsessed.
The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for the following core functions:
Purchasing & Materials Management:
- Source and purchase raw materials and packaging components needed to assemble and manufacture Bushbalm products
- Coordinate purchasing functions with the product development team to ensure new launch dates are being hit
- Maintain inventory levels of components and supplies and track material usage
- Manage supplier and manufacturer relationships and performance
- Work with our international partners to ensure on-time purchasing and delivery
- Coordinate with manufacturing partners to ensure timely delivery of finished products
- Monitor production schedules and work with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of raw materials
- Ensure compliance and proper product production with internal and external quality standards
- Responsible for maintaining product data in ERP, including keeping BOMs and products specifications up to date
- Manage inbound shipments of raw and finished goods and coordinate with suppliers and warehouse partners to ensure on-time delivery
- Monitor and report on inbound transportation costs, performance, and lead-times
- Ensure the proper receipt of goods and review for quality and compliance
- Work with the Operations Coordinator to determine how best to distribute finished goods
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in procurement, materials management, or related field
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Elite spreadsheet skills
- Annoying attention to detail
Bushbalm is on a mission to solve common skin concerns the beauty industry has long ignored.
Think ingrown hairs, dark spots, razor burn and more.
We're striving to be the #1 product line focused on bikini line skincare.
Why Join Us
Since 2016 we've grown our team with industry experts and skincare enthusiasts. Bushbalm is in such a unique place, as we're in the heart of beauty and crossed with e-commerce.
By joining you'll understand what goes into a fast growing direct-to-consumer beauty company.
We do have staff who work remotely, but our HQ is in downtown Ottawa.
We're still a small, tight knit team. Most of our team is located in Ottawa, Canada, but we now have employees spanning across the world remotely.
To date, Bushbalm is in over 2,300 waxing salons, on the shelves of Ulta, Indigo, Urban Outfitters and more.
We're growing our team and departments at a fast pace. Our most mature departments are Marketing and Product Development.
Other departments that are well established include Operations, Customer Service, Design and Finance.
Our team is primarily headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.
We're open to remote candidates, but would like to hire first in Ottawa, so we can gather easily. In regards to your workday, we are a flex model and allow employees to work remote when they wish.