Brand Marketing Manager
About Bushbalm Skincare
Bushbalm is on a mission to boost confidence and solve common skincare concerns that are often ignored. Bushbalm is one of Ottawa’s most attractive startups due to its unique product line, ecommerce first business model, and largely untapped retail opportunity. Learning and growing are fundamental to Bushbalm and you are sure to do both once immersed in the fast-paced culture. In 2020 the company landed a deal on Dragons’ Den and became the 3rd fastest growing company in Ottawa.
This role is open to in-person in Ottawa, fully remote or hybrid.
About This Role
As the Brand Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the development and execution of omni-channel marketing strategies, across product launches, sales, and key campaigns, with a focus on broadening and raising product and brand awareness, which ultimately leads to customer acquisition. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing and Sales and is responsible for leading campaign execution with cross-functional teams including Social Media, Product Development, Public Relations, Design, Growth and more to help create a strong, cohesive, seamless brand experience across all touchpoints along the customer journey.
- Experience managing teams and projects
- Own overall brand "health" and bring the brand to life by helping develop and maintain the marketing calendar, delivering concepts that break down taboo conversations around hair removal and create hype around Bushbalm Skincare products.
- Build a deep relationship and understanding of our target customer. Research, listen, and stay on the pulse of consumer behaviour and industry trends as they relate to actionable recommendations around product innovation.
- Develop, manage, and push the product marketing launch strategy which is rooted in analytics, consumer data and competitive research to ensure each plan capitalizes on new market opportunities, maximizes ROI and meets/exceeds current business goals
- Overseeing the product launch and sales process to ensure successful and timely launches that meet budget expectations.
- Deliver impactful product resources to the marketing team with clear direction, rich storytelling and sharp product positioning for each channel to build their plans around
- Develop, manage and refine the product creative briefs and manages timelines, outcome of deliverables and keeps all channel leads informed of changes and/or delay.
- Help Bushbalm become the bikini line category expert through ongoing analysis, community awareness, and knowledge of category dynamics and competition
- 3+ years of responsibilities including experience in online marketing, brand marketing and/or communication experience
- Excel in fast-paced environment with great multitasking skills with ability to focus on details and project management while being able to think big picture and strategy at the same time
- Proven track record of delivering results and managing/developing direct reports
- Strong communication, organization, and influencing skills with impeccable attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work extremely well across functions, successfully bringing people together toward common goals
- Go-getter: sense of urgency: Exceptional project management experience and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience managing people or projects
Ideally, you are:
- A curious, critical thinker and big ideas person who can be depended on for a unique perspective
- Has a strong creative point of view and takes initiative to drive projects forward
- A team player, solicit feedback and value input from others
- Self-sufficient and highly organized
- Experienced in the beauty and/or skincare industry
- Able to resonate with our target audience
- Fluent in French
Bushbalm is on a mission to solve common skin concerns the beauty industry has long ignored.
Think ingrown hairs, dark spots, razor burn and more.
We're striving to be the #1 product line focused on bikini line skincare.
Why Join Us
Since 2016 we've grown our team with industry experts and skincare enthusiasts. Bushbalm is in such a unique place, as we're in the heart of beauty and crossed with e-commerce.
By joining you'll understand what goes into a fast growing direct-to-consumer beauty company.
We do have staff who work remotely, but our HQ is in downtown Ottawa.
We're still a small, tight knit team. Most of our team is located in Ottawa, Canada, but we now have employees spanning across the world remotely.
To date, Bushbalm is in over 2,300 waxing salons, on the shelves of Ulta, Indigo, Urban Outfitters and more.
We're growing our team and departments at a fast pace. Our most mature departments are Marketing and Product Development.
Other departments that are well established include Operations, Customer Service, Design and Finance.
Our team is primarily headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.
We're open to remote candidates, but would like to hire first in Ottawa, so we can gather easily. In regards to your workday, we are a flex model and allow employees to work remote when they wish.